While there are many strong programs and models for experiential learning at U of T, the current context requires a creative re-design effort to support experiential learning success despite the impacts of COVID-19. In the webinar recorded below and the subtending resources, we revisit foundational experience design principles for teaching, social and cognitive presence, as well as practical strategies using case examples suggested by participants. Workshop activities will include discussion of specific program challenges and ideation on innovative technology-mediated solutions.
- Dr. Laurie Harrison, Director, Online Learning Strategies
- Professor Fiona Rawle, Associate Dean, Undergraduate, and Associate Professor, Teaching Stream, Department of Biology, University of Toronto Mississauga
- Professor Kosha Bramesfeld, Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream, Department of Psychology, University of Toronto Scarborough
- Professor Safieh Moghaddam, Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream, Associate Director, Linguistics and Languages, Centre for French and Linguistics, University of Toronto Scarborough
- Willow Cabral, Third-Year Undergraduate Student, Specialist in Human Geography with a Double Minor in Urban Studies and Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Faculty of Arts and Science, University of Toronto