The materials and webinar shared here provide guidance, tips, and tricks on the best ways to produce high-quality online materials for field courses. Panelists discuss tools ranging from iPhones and GoPros to more advanced options. These resources include strategies to engage students in the development of online field course material and how to best prepare students to be successful in virtual field courses..
- Allison Van Beek, Manager, Education Technology Office, Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering
- Jay Pooley, Lecturer, Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape and Design
- Dr. Jen Hill, Assistant Dean, Academic Planning & Governance, Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape and Design
- Maxim Batourine, Director, Technology Services, Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape and Design
- Renee Lear, Digital Media Technician, Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape and Design
Recording of Webinar
Below is a video recording of the webinar session.
RECORDING FOR REMOTE TEACHING
You can download a .pdf version of the slides here.
Download and/or access other resources discussed in this session below:
In this SharePoint site created by the Daniels Faculty, you can find resources for online course prep as well as hardware and software recommendations. NB: Users need to be approved for access.
Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering’s website for supporting remote and virtual learning.